CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 4, 2009

Mama's Going Back to School

Lynchburg, Virginia.



I'm going to graduate school!!!! I got the news last week that I have been accepted into Liberty University's Masters Program in Professional Counseling. It will be 60 hours total. I will be doing the distance program option, meaning I will have to go to campus for 3 separate weeks during the program, and I will do the rest online. The nice thing is that the school is only 4 hrs away, in Lynchburg, Va (close to Charlottesville). I'm so excited to be able to do this and still stay home with Lydia. My first purchase will be a new laptop. ;) First class: unfortunately, Statistics. Then I'll get into the good stuff, like, Counselor Professional Identity and Ethics.

Thank you, Josh and Lydia for being very supportive of me!

6 comments:

TEAM BOWMAN said...

That will be so fun I like school when its classes I enjoy so going to get a masters would be fun!

Isaura said...

AWESOME!!!! Congrats. AHH stats is kinda hard, but if you have a good teacher it's not too bad. I'm happy for you :)

lidia said...

Well, congratulations....my children are so smart.....I am going to quilting, and painting school too :-)....and I am so excited.......good luck Ms. Iris......I know you will do great.........

Izzy said...

Oh I am sooooo jeoulous!!!! When we move into our new house...where ever that is....my next goal will be finishing school!!!

I am so proud of you Iris for following your dreams. I will support you 110%. I just wished we lived closer so I could help you with Lydia while you studied!!!

So proud of my little sister. You are beautiful...I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Izzy

Ruben said...

If your classes are online, how can you skip school?

lidia said...

I can see myself taking a statistics class..........I would be very good at that.......;-].

WHAT IS STATISTICS?

KIDDING...