CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

CHARLESTON, SC









Last weekend, Lydia went to her Grandma and Paw-paw's house, so Josh and I got away to one of our favorite places, Charleston, SC. (For anybody who hasn't been to Charleston, you have to check it out. It's a beautiful city with tons of cool stuff to do.) We shopped on King and Meeting Streets, walked along the battery and checked out the amazing homes on "Rainbow Row," relaxed in the swings at Waterfront Park, took a boat tour of Charleston
Harbor and Fort Sumter, spent a day at a beautiful beach on Kiawah Island, and, of course, ate at a couple of our favorite restaurants--Hyman's & Jestine's kitchen. The food in these pictures is from Hyman's, which Southern Living has chosen as the best seafood restaurant in the southeast for like nine years in a row. It's seafood with a southern twist--stuff like shrimp n' grits and cajun scallops--I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! It was an awesome weekend--a nice getaway and some much-needed R&R. Lydia has been asking to go to the beach all summer, so we're heading back down to the Charleston area in a few weeks to Kiawah and to Isle of Palms. I can't wait!!!

6 comments:

Izzy said...

Can we go to Hyman with you next time! Hello! Holy cow the food looks amazing. Those bacon cheese grits look like heaven....and don't even get me started on the seafood.

Wow, what an amazing weekend! That makes me want to go somewhere cool like that with Steve. I really want to go back and explore the East Coast again.

I am happy for you guys. Good job!

Iris....dang you are BEAUTIFUL!

Love - Izzy

Isaura said...

yeah, you guys do look hawtzzz.
tell jash i like his new litte hair do thing he's got going. that food looke freaking awesome

TEAM BOWMAN said...

I 've heard of "Rainbow Row" from the house shows Brad watches... I love cool authentic places like that

lidia said...

Good rejuvination weekend......I am so glad you ate well and pranced arround nice places...my Lydia I am sure enjoyed her stay with the whitlock abouelitos....love ya, mama

lidia said...

HEY, MR. JOSH AND MS IRIS, I LIKE YOUR HAIRDOS............GOOD LOOKING COUPLE.......

Alicia Kulani said...

Wow! it looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I am so happy for you. The east is so beautiful. Charleston looks like a fun place to visit.

Lidia is adorable.

love you guys.